The main objectives of the 16THInternational Symposium on MPS and Related Diseases will be:
- Offering attendees a quality scientific program, with a broad view on new therapeutic possibilities for the future (gene and cell therapies, nanomedicine, etc.), in addition to the review of treatments, updating of clinical trials, and everything related to palliative care.
- Offering a program with a comprehensive and multidisciplinary vision to try to respond to the most relevant aspects of these syndromes, in order to help affected families to improve the quality of life of their children.
- Providing a place where attendees can meet to discuss, share, and exchange experiences to advance in the knowledge and the treatment of the MPS and related diseases. As well as a place where to consult in situ with the best research professionals and medical specialists.
- Offering children/youths and adults affected by MPS the opportunity to strengthen ties, share experiences and emotions, and generate confidence and self-esteem through a program of recreational and social activities during the symposium.
- Strengthening work networks and collaboration between the different MPS societies around the world.
- Promoting and guarantee at international level the work carried out by the great professionals and hospitals of our country in the field of lysosomal diseases.